Sunday 10 May 2009

Gluten and dairy free stuffing

Stuffing is an important part of Sunday dinners for my kids. In fact if it didn't appear I think I would have a riot on my hands! So I experimented with some gluten and dairy free this week. It came out quite nice - every one liked it.

1 gluten free bread roll (I used a Tesco's multi seeded one)
1/2 an onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried herbs (plain sage or mixed)
stock or water
egg

Grease an oven proof dish. Grate the bread into crumbs. Heat the olive oil and saute the onions until starting to turn golden. In a bowl, beat the egg and then add the onion, breadcrumbs and herbs and a pinch of sea salt. Slowly add some of the stock, stirring until the stuffing mix is moist. Then put into the oven proof dish and bake in the bottom of the oven until cooked through.

1 comment:

Alisa - Go Dairy Free said...

mmm, this sounds good and so simple! I love stuffing :)