Friday 10 April 2009

Sausage casserole

This is a great way to stretch a few left over sausages into a whole meal. However in my house there are never any leftover sausages but I like this so much I often cook some specially for it.

2 - 6 cooked sausages, sliced
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tins chopped tomatoes (or passata)
2 cups / 1 tin cooked chickpeas
1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
A little salt and pepper

Bung all the ingredients into a crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Above is the basic recipe to which I always add an assortment of things. Anything in the fridge about to turn feral goes in. I add spices and herbs according to my mood. This is lovely hot with Moroccan style spices or cool with french herbs. Chorizo or pepperoni as the sausage is lovely. Or just leave it as it is and enjoy.

No comments: