Wednesday 1 April 2009

Cauliflower pizza

I got this recipe from here. I often use cauliflower rice with curries - even the children like it. So this recipe looked to be a good way to get some veg into them as well as tasty. It doesn't turn out quite like pizza (or at least it didn't for me) as you can't pick up the slices to eat them. But it is delicious and very filling.

Makes 1 10" pizza (will serve two)
1 cup cauliflower rice, cooked
1 egg
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup cottage cheese
Pinch of herbs and salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450 oF/gas mark 7. Mix the ingredients and press into a pizza base shape on a greased baking tray. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Top with your favorite sauce and (cooked) pizza toppings then grill until the cheese is melted.

This was quite a success. All the children ate it, with varying degrees of enthusiasm. Most surprisingly the little guy declared it was 'yummy' and had seconds! I had to scrape my jaw off the floor - this from the child who hates veg. My eldest quite liked it but says he prefers 'proper' pizza. My daughter wasn't keen but ate it as there was chocolate chickpea cake for afters.

*** I just had some of the leftovers of this pizza cold for lunch. Wow! It is so tasty cold. It was nice last night but today it was delicious. I might just make it in advance and serve it cold in future it was so good.

No comments: