Friday 6 March 2009

Slow-cooked sausage and potatoes

I made this in my crock pot when we were going to have a busy afternoon. I loved it. The potatoes and onions took on a lovely flavour and were soft but not too mushy. The kids loved the sausages (they find the tougher skins of grilled sausages a little hard at times) but weren't so keen on the potatoes. I haven't given amounts as it doesn't really matter - just put in what you want to eat.

Chopped onion
Several potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled, diced
Sausages
Salt and pepper
Olive oil (a couple of tbsp)

Pour the olive oil into the crock pot. Add the veggies and salt a pepper to taste and toss to get them all covered. Put the sausages on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

This recipe comes from the blog 'A year of CrockPotting' which has so many great ideas! I'll be trying a lot more of them soon.

No comments: